FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Distress Ink Lifting

Happy Wednesday!

Donna Phelan here hosting this week's Challenge!  Hope you'll find some time to join in.  Grab some coffee this may take a while to explain.  :)

*NOTE* Hi, this is Joyce with a message:-) Please remember,to be considered for the random drawing you must use the challenge theme! Lately we have had to do redraws because the winner did not follow the challenge. We have these challenges to stretch your creativity and get you fabulous prizes...have fun!

Challenge

This week's Challenge is, Distress Ink Lifting! 

Distress Ink + Water = Magic!

This Weeks Sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps

http://cas-ualfridaysstamps.com/


All the stamps and Fri-Dies are designed by Michele , and are based on her love for Clean And Simple design, hence the CAS in CAS-ual. However, they will delight any stamper's style! Whether you are a CAS enthusiast or a lover of Utterly Adorable Layers, you will have a blast getting inky with them. 

The stamps are made in the USA of the finest clear photopolymer, and the coordinating line of wafer thin dies are also made in the USA.

 
2 Prizes

2 - $15 Gift Certificate each to the STORE

My 1st Samples


I used the beautiful stamp set, Mon Ami and the matching die set, Mon Ami Fleur


I began swiping my Distress Inks in; Spiced Marmalade, Broken China and Peeled Paint over some textured water color paper.  Using a water brush I blended the colors together a bit.


Using these awesome dies I cut out the pretty flowers.


Using the co-ordinating stamps, Versa Mark ink and White Embossing Powder I heat set the images.  Then I began to "paint" them with water.  When you add water to Distress Inks it moves and lifts the color, creating a new look.


If you look closely, you will notice the lighter shades of colors on the tips of the petals.


How FUN is using these fancy sentiments as the stalks to my flowers?  I think they look fantastic!!!  My grass was created by using a small leaf stamp from this set.  Stamped in Black Licorice ink, off the edge of the paper, and colored with Copic Markers.

My 2nd Card


For this card I added several of the larger sentiments and one of my favorite little techniques for creating interest, paint splattering.




This card was created in the same manner, swiping Fired Brick Distress Ink all over my water color paper, and embossing in black.



No need to die cut this panel out as I decided to do the Peek A Boo technique we spotlighted in last month's Challenge.  The image is layered beneath the die cut.  I added depth and dimension using fun foam as a backing.




Here you can see the depth.



This flower I did not "paint"  I just added drops of water to the image with my brush.  It's a fun look!


I have more information over on my personal Blog,  
should you feel the need for a bit more help!



RULES
  • Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
  • You must be a "Follower" Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar of this blog to be eligible to win
  • You may use any vendors products to be eligible to win
  • You must follow the challenge theme
  • Include a link back to this challenge page
  • You may enter our challenge 3 times, (unique entries not variations of same card)
  • You may enter as many challenges as you like
  • Challenge ends on following Tuesday at 12 noon EST 
INFO
  • Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
  • The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our PINTEREST board 
  • Winners of prizes will be selected using a random generator.
  • Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)



If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE

Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry if you any of the sponsor's image/product. Instructions are HERE
 



10 comments:

  1. Super examples of this technique and a wonderful challenge for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge, what fun. LOVE your little mini tutorial! Well done, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - will try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty AND looks like fun.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic looking samples. Love this style and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous technique, post and samples! Well done Donna! I hope to find time to join in the fun! Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous samples for us and I tried the challenge and not sure it succeeded like I wanted it to, but at least I tried. If time permits I might have to do more of this later on. Thanks for the fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Donna, awesome cards and fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Donna, I did Use the water with the distress ink. It could not come out nearly as pretty as yours. I guess I was moving too fast because I forgot to put my name on it . It's number 19 J. Sirak. Thanks

    ReplyDelete