FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Shadow Stamping

Happy Wednesday!
Today, I am super excited to be hosting the Mod Squad Challenge.
Any of you that know me well, know that I'm a lover of 'techniques', so my challenge 
is to create something using the 'Shadow Stamping' technique.
I wanted a very clean and simple card, so that the technique could shine.

Supplies Used:  Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 8, by Melanie Muenchinger, Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White Cardstock (MY LAST PIECE - EEK!!!), Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Foam Dots, Kaiser Craft Pearls, A Muse Cardstock (Mat), Perfect Papercrafting Mini Rulers (see sidebar for details)

For my card today, I've used Melanie Muenchinger's 'Stately Flowers 8', which can be found at 
Gina K. Designs. This set is gorgeous - I am totally in love with all of Melanie's flower sets, and her basket sets are amazing, too!  When I win the lottery, I shall own them all :)  This set was in my
mailbox this week - a gift from Melanie.  You should have seen my Post Office happy dance!
Thank you Melanie - you are so kind and generous!

If you have never shadow stamped, you will have fun with this.
Find a stamp that would look nice with a shadow.  Stamp it once in a darker color,
then stamp again, moving the image slightly, to create a shadow image.
If you are a visual learner, Gina has a great video on StampTV, showing this technique.
If you've ever been stumped on a monochromatic card challenge, this technique would be perfect!

Thanks for stopping by - hope that you will try this technique,
and play along with our 'Shadow Stamping' challenge!

Can't wait to see your creations!

Hugs & Blessings,
Patti J.


 -Please create a new card/project for each challenge.

-You may use any vendors/products.

-The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.

-All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.

-Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.

-The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.

-Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Patti. I love your shadow stamped card. Great Challenge… :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome Patti when I look at a card and say "That card sure looks like a card Patti would make..." and then when I look a little closer and see that it is a card that my friend Patti J. made, I get a big smile all over my face! Love the CAS look of this card. Bring it tonite and share your technique with the rest of the girls. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sally! Just read your comment. I will bring it next time! Thanks for your kind words...had a great time tonight, too. Great seeing Kim!

      Delete